Cleveland,Ohio (PR MediaRelease) January 29, 2019
Ohio End of Life Options, the only active advocacy group for a medical aid-in-dying law in Ohio, announces the appointment of two new board members, along with this year’s incumbent board of directors.
Newly ratified members are Ann Rowland of Cleveland Heights (44106), Ohio and Kate Smith, of Shaker Heights (44120), Ohio. Our new board members embrace our mission to advocate on behalf of the terminally ill so that, in addition to hospice and palliative care, they may have the option of medical assisted dying at the end of their life,” said Lisa Vigil Schattinger, MSN, RN, Founder and Executive Director.
- Ann Rowland is a recently-retired Assistant United States Attorney. She served as Deputy Chief overseeing the Major Fraud and Corruption Unit, the Major and Cybercrimes Unit, the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Unit and the National Security, Human Rights and Organized Crime Unit. Ann and her husband have been proud caregivers to many family members at the end-of-life and she feels strongly that all Ohioans deserve the option and protection of a death with dignity law.
- Kate Smith, MSSA is a retired entrepreneur who founded and operated a private daycare service for over 25 years. She has a strong, demonstrated history of advocating for the vulnerable in her community including animals, children and the elderly. Kate became involved with Ohio End of Life Options through her work as a volunteer end-of-life educator with the Cleveland Memorial Society.
Incumbent board members include:
- Molly McMahon Graziano, MA, director of outreach and education- volunteer/board chair
- Roger Peckinpaugh, JD attorney, secretary
- Kimberly Barton, community volunteer, treasurer
- Susan C. Spinell, MPA, Civic Initiative Coordinator, The Shanahan Law Firm
- Wendy Shugarman, community volunteer
- Karen Schleifer, JD, attorney
- Amy Foti, BA, JD, community volunteer
- Kathryn (Muffy) Kaesberg, owner, Organizing 4 U LLC
- Douglas Schattinger, MBA, president/CEO, Pioneer Manufacturing
Lisa Vigil Schattinger, MSN, BSN, founder/executive director